Osteopractic Pain Clinics
A Better Solution To Orthopedic Pain and Dysfunction
Dr. Ken Wheeler
Fort Worth Clinic
Ken Wheeler graduated with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2012 and has since completed fellowship training in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy and multiple board certifications in Orthopedics and Neurology. He holds a Diploma in Osteopractic as well as countless certifications in sports training, nutrition, functional medicine, manual therapy, dry needling, and spinal manipulation.
Ken has a passion for the latest rehab treatments and research and is currently the only physical therapist in the nation with this combination of credentials. Ken has worked with college teams, in hospital settings, and in dozens of private practice pain clinics. He takes pride in creating an eclectic and functional approach to healing within his clinic. Every patient can expect private, comfortable, and personal care.
Click this link to check out Ken's latest research publication on dry needling and spinal manipulation for HEADACHE PATIENTS.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Fellowship Trained in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
- Diploma in Osteopractic
- Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist
- Board Certified Neurologic Specialist
- Certified in Dry Needling
- Certified in Spinal Manipulation
- Registered Strength Coach and Certified Strength Specialist
- Certified USA Level 1 Track and Field Coach
- Certified in Sports Nutrition
- Certified Industrial Rehab Specialist
- Certified in Functional Movement Screening
- Certified in Kinesiotaping
A Different Approach To Pain
ClearCut ORTHO provides one-on-one hour treatment sessions. No more being treated by techs, unqualified assistants, or with multiple other patients. This full hour with a clinician is very rare in healthcare. It puts us in a unique position to be able to cover a wide range of treatments, manual therapies, mobility exercises, coaching, education, and relaxation within every visit. Research shows that this is the kind of time and effort it takes from the patient and provider to make important and lasting changes in lifestyle, pain, and dysfunction.
We work to search for the true underlying causes of all pain and dysfunction, as well as treating current symptoms. For every patient that walks in, there is a percent of their symptoms that can be allocated to a variety of factors, including: nutritional, genetic, environmental, activity related, biomechanics, strength and power, efficiency of movement, ergonomics, soft tissue related, joint related, and other neural and reflexive components. We will address as many as possible in every visit based on the patient's individual needs and goals.
Proven Faster Healing
Our diverse tools and treatment approaches allow us to get you better significantly faster than other clinics and providers. How do we know this? We track our outcomes and compare them to the national average for a variety of pain conditions. At most outpatient clinics you'll see a therapist every few visits, or for a few minutes during each session. At ClearCut ORTHO you'll see a therapist for the entire time, and won't repeat exercises or stretches that you can easily be doing by yourself at home.
We explain every aspect of the chemical, mechanical, and neural components that make up your pain or dysfunction based on the latest research. Some clinics create a patient dependency on the practitioner by telling them that something is "out of alignment or out of place", that they need frequent "maintenance visits" to keep the condition from perpetually coming back, or that they are "inherently unstable." For the vast majority of clients, these are proven false and only create fear avoidance patterns, decreased performance, and more money spent on unnecessary care.
There has been a big shift recently in our profession to a psychological side of care that explains pain much more in depth and teaches patients how to overcome pain through an understanding of the science behind it, the regions of the brain affected, and various mental practice models with breathing, meditation, and mindfulness techniques at the center. These are appropriate and useful, especially in chronic pain, and will be addressed if needed. With this in mind it also makes sense that the place you are visiting to overcome these pain conditions needs to be conducive to relaxing, focusing, and healing as well.
Whether for the weekend warrior, college or professional athlete, or elderly patient getting back to golf or gardening, every exercise program prescribed should be elite. We utilize the best research in planning mobility, strength, endurance, and skill activities, and employ the latest neuropriming techniques for quicker outcomes when learning new skills and movement patterns. We also conveniently offer telehealth services to quickly follow up with any questions you have on these activities and movements without having to come back in for a full treatment session.
We Are Experts At
At ClearCut ORTHO we treat a wide variety of patients, from intense chronic pain to professional athletes with overuse injuries. We take pride in giving honest and highly accurate diagnoses and care, and get patients better quicker than traditional clinics.
Some of the common pain conditions we see include:
- Low back pain, neck pain, whiplash
- Back or neck radiculopathy, "pinched nerves", sciatica, etc
- Disc herniations or bulges
- Degenerative joint and disc diseases
- Headaches (cervicogenic, tension type, migraine, etc) as well as TMJ dysfunction and jaw pain
- Thoracic outlet and rib displacement syndromes
- Chronic pain of all kinds, including fibromyalgia
- Shoulder pain from rotator cuff tears, capsulitis, bursitis, osteoarthritis, tendinopathies, and impingement
- Wrist and hand pain/strain, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Functional spinal deformities like scoliosis, torticolis, and lateral shifts
- Hip pain from strains/sprains, bursitis, impingement, and osteoarthritis
- Knee pain from strains/sprains, meniscus tears, ligamentous tears, osteoarthritis, etc
- Connective tissue dysfunction like tendinopathies, compartment syndromes, tendon avulsions, etc
- Ankle and foot pain from plantar fasciitis, calcaneal tendinopathies, neuromas, hallux valgus, heel spurs, etc
- Elbow pain from lateral or medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow and tennis elbow), ulnar nerve entrapment, sprains/strains, etc
- Central and Peripheral nerve entrapment syndromes, nerve pain, loss of neural mobility
- Vertigo, dizziness, imbalance, etc
- And much more...